The year is 1372, in Uktar, the 11th month. 3rd day. and you are traveling by caravan from Westgate to Cormyr to talk to Calednei about the need for your talent and experience there. Next year is around the corner, the Year of Rogue Dragons.
It’s clear now that Diedora is not Divine Fortune’s best friend. Taedor did not ever detect evil in her heart but the same cannot be said about her associates. Ibis recalls talking with Diedora and Lorenzo during the long days a sea on the return from Maztica. She spoke a lot about morals, the root of good and evil and what makes a person act they way they do. Looking back she may have been struggling with her own morality. A few things are sure – Diedora, Jalana and the others mentioned in the journal are all agents of Shar. They are taking direction from the Shadovar, the Netherese that recently returned to Faerun. Given this, they are mostly likely to be users of the Shadow Weave. Now, don’t you feel lucky that last battle didn’t take place in a Wild Magic or (gulp!) Dead Magic zone? That purple disk shield that Jalana had protecting him must have been a Shadow Weave user’s power. Taedor and Peccable now wonder if that’s why Jalana’s spells were so hard to dispel…? A Shadow Druid….who would have thought?
With this revelation, other things start falling into place. The Shadow Treants, Szorlog’s shadow minions etc…Shar’s experiments with the Shadow Weave took place around the edges of the Weave….in secret places. She appears to have reach in the Unseelie Court. Diedora’s insistence on getting hold of Chavel’s Tome at all costs now almost seems rational. You will remember the games at the Quivering Thumb during Shieldmeet. That was when the group found their name and gained the first bit of notoriety around Westgate. Since then Divine Fortune have:
- Worked for Westgate’s Thayan enclave. A morally dubious group that. Celerion is much happier out adventuring than home at the cloisters since the Monks of Pure Flame moved.
- Rooted out the source of the plague that almost brought the city to it’s knees
- Learnt of the demise of Tilverton in Cormyr, the return of the City of Shade, the return of the Phaerimm and their attack on Evereska, and the Shadow Weave.
- Broke up an unholy alliance between the worshippers of Garagos and Umberlee
- Stumbled upon Trillobia the Hag
- Been the souce of a hit song penned by Jill. The song did particularly well after Jill’s performance at the Giant’s Folly of Reddansyr on the eve of THE Auction of the year.
- Met Ilmater in person (well, some of)
- Destroyed the curse of Umberlee that drifted across the Sea of Fallen stars for many years.
- Created a Wild Magic zone in the Sea of Fallen Stars….during the Year of Wild Magic.
- Learnt of the clan of Assassins called the Fire Knives operating in Westgate
- Heard that their old foes of the Undrek-Thoz, House Vrasl, had commissioned a band of Drow mercenaries, known as Durdyn’s Devils, to seek an ancient Imaskari site known a Sonjar’s Tower.
- Experienced Tymora’s smile and Beshaba’s wicked grin at the Shrine of Mixed Fortune.
- Met the leader of Cedarspoke (Zalaznar Crinios)....without asking…he wanted to met Divine Fortune!
- Lost a dear friend and ally, Chauvalette.
- Made friends with the Petals of Gulthmere Forest. Ding ding!
- Removed the new residents of Dragon’s Rest
- Travelled by Backroad through Crossroads. Played a few songs, did a few jigs, told a few stories.
- Destroyed the Nightmare Twisted Tree that haunted the barrow beyond Deepwood.
- Defeated the Mad Monk of Long Death as he held Celerion life at his whim.
- Learnt of a powerful lich (The Blasphemer of Long Death) secured in a vault in the former Temple of Imater of Gulthmere Forest. A year and a day….
- Crossed swords with the Mine Overseer Dorn Crownshield.
- Killed the Unseelie Nymph of the Secret Grove and the Hags that dwelled there And…....
- Uncovered the Shadow Moot.